Presenter: Marsha Spears
6 Weeks | $139
Course Starts Monthly | Earn Graduate Credit or CEUs
Today’s teachers are using two powerful approaches—Differentiated Instruction (DI) and Response to Intervention (RTI)—to help every child succeed academically. In this course, you’ll learn how to put this “dynamic duo” to work in your own classroom teaching and lesson plans.
You’ll start by exploring different learning styles and delving into a concept called multiple intelligences. In addition, you’ll look at the factors that motivate students to learn in a child-centered classroom.
After that, you’ll master the basics of both DI and RTI and learn how these two approaches work hand-in-hand to enhance children’s learning. You’ll find out how to perform different types of assessments, monitor your students’ progress, select research-based teaching materials, address learners’ diverse needs, and move students up or down the RTI tiers so they’re getting just the right help they need.
In addition, you’ll find out why collaboration is crucial when you’re implementing RTI and DI. You’ll discover how you and your colleagues will work together as a team to identify at-risk students, plan solutions, and address problems quickly and efficiently. And finally, you’ll learn how to get parents involved as active partners in the education process.
Case studies and examples will help you see how DI and RTI strategies work in the real world, and you’ll get lots of ideas for hands-on activities you can start using right away in your own classroom. Throughout this course, you’ll have opportunities to practice new techniques and exchange ideas with fellow educators and your instructor. You’ll come away armed with powerful and easy-to-implement strategies that will benefit every student you teach.
About SDE’s Online Courses
Whether you are looking to improve your professional teaching skills or explore a new interest, our online instructor-led courses showcase the expertise of leading presenters in a convenient, affordable, and fun format.
- Convenient: Teachers can sharpen skills, gain essential tools, and earn CEUs and/or graduate credits for applicable courses—right from their desktop.
- Flexible: Courses run for six weeks, start monthly, and are self-paced.
- Instructor-Facilitated: All courses are led by veteran educators, many of whom are nationaly-known authors.
- Cost Effective: A flat rate of $139 per course eliminates the need for in-service days or substitute teachers. Plus, group discounts are available by calling 1-877-388-2054.
- Relevant: Courses cover current teaching topics and feature the latest research-based teaching methods.
- Interactive: Instruction includes activities, resources, and discussion forums for communicating with the instructor and other participants. Teachers enrolled in a single course can form study groups to extend the learning.