Presenter: Lori Elliott, Ed.D.
6 Weeks | $139
Course Starts Monthly | Earn Graduate Credit or CEUs
SMART Boards are revolutionizing today’s classroom. Using these exciting interactive whiteboards, you can create multimedia lessons that engage learners and address their diverse needs.
But having SMART Boards in the classroom and knowing how to use them to provide quality instruction are two different things! If you have a Smart Board in your classroom but have little training in using it, you may be wondering—”What on earth do I do with it?”
In this class, you’ll discover how to create outstanding presentations with SMART Board and SMART Notebook technology. You’ll explore the basics of using these tools and discover how to create your own SMART board lessons blending text, videos, and graphics. You’ll also go beyond the bells and whistles and look at specific ways to use SMART technology to broaden your content and make your lessons accessible to all students. Finally, you’ll get some simple trouble-shooting tips that will come in handy if your SMART board isn’t acting as smart as it should.
By the time you’re done with this course, you’ll be an expert at using your new high-tech tools to plan SMART board lessons that provide engaging, thought-provoking, and easy-to-update material for today’s media-savvy learners.
About SDE’s Online Courses
Whether you are looking to improve your professional teaching skills or explore a new interest, our online instructor-led courses showcase the expertise of leading presenters in a convenient, affordable, and fun format.
- Convenient: Teachers can sharpen skills, gain essential tools, and earn CEUs and/or graduate credits for applicable courses—right from their desktop.
- Flexible: Courses run for six weeks, start monthly, and are self-paced.
- Instructor-Facilitated: All courses are led by veteran educators, many of whom are nationaly-known authors.
- Cost Effective: A flat rate of $139 per course eliminates the need for in-service days or substitute teachers. Plus, group discounts are available by calling 1-877-388-2054.
- Relevant: Courses cover current teaching topics and feature the latest research-based teaching methods.
- Interactive: Instruction includes activities, resources, and discussion forums for communicating with the instructor and other participants. Teachers enrolled in a single course can form study groups to extend the learning.