Presenter: Anni Stipek
6 Weeks | $139
Course Starts Monthly | Earn Graduate Credit or CEUs
Do your students cringe when it’s time to pull out their math books? For many students, basic math is a struggle. But for students and teachers in Singapore, math is much more intuitive. And Singaporean students have been top mathematics performers for over a decade!
Using a layered curriculum founded on solid number sense and concrete, pictorial, and abstract computational strategies, Singaporean teachers make math purposeful, interesting, and relevant. Soon you’ll learn their secrets and be able to have the same kind of meaningful math lessons in your classroom.
In this teacher training course, you’ll learn over two dozen strategies to make math click for your students. We’ll begin by exploring what Singapore Math is and how it has become such a powerful and highly regarded math curriculum. Then we’ll talk about how number sense and place value instruction are the basis for all Singapore Math. From there, we’ll learn a variety of computational strategies to make addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division a cinch.
You won’t need a passport to discover the curriculum of the world’s math leader!
About SDE’s Online Courses
Whether you are looking to improve your professional teaching skills or explore a new interest, our online instructor-led courses showcase the expertise of leading presenters in a convenient, affordable, and fun format.
- Convenient: Teachers can sharpen skills, gain essential tools, and earn CEUs and/or graduate credits for applicable courses—right from their desktop.
- Flexible: Courses run for six weeks, start monthly, and are self-paced.
- Instructor-Facilitated: All courses are led by veteran educators, many of whom are nationaly-known authors.
- Cost Effective: A flat rate of $139 per course eliminates the need for in-service days or substitute teachers. Plus, group discounts are available by calling 1-877-388-2054.
- Relevant: Courses cover current teaching topics and feature the latest research-based teaching methods.
- Interactive: Instruction includes activities, resources, and discussion forums for communicating with the instructor and other participants. Teachers enrolled in a single course can form study groups to extend the learning.