Presenter: Wendell Christensen
6 Weeks | $139
Course Starts Monthly | Earn Graduate Credit or CEUs
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could be proactive in helping our struggling readers? Well, we can! In this six-week course, you’ll learn response to intervention (RTI) strategies that ensure the struggling readers in your classroom get the help and education they need. RTI is research based and gives us a strategic plan to bring tiered interventions to our students, at their reading level and with their unique challenges in mind. Helping them with phonics, fluency, vocabulary mastery, comprehension, and writing, these intervention strategies tackle the toughest literacy problems with flexibility and creativity.
During our time together, you’ll discover tools like Elkonin Boxes, alphabetic arcs, Bloom’s Taxonomy, and new and exciting graphic organizers. Whether you’re working with struggling readers in kindergarten or 12th grade, you’ll find that these strategies work with a full 80% of students, without the need for special pull-outs or extra IEP intervention. Why? Because RTI gets to the root of the problem—quickly!
If you’re eager to learn the right ways to help your struggling readers make steady progress throughout the year, you’ll find that this course gives you the power to teach flexibly and creatively, without the need for extra training in literacy or fluency. As an added bonus, there’s nothing quite like helping students discover the pleasures of reading!
About SDE’s Online Courses
Whether you are looking to improve your professional teaching skills or explore a new interest, our online instructor-led courses showcase the expertise of leading presenters in a convenient, affordable, and fun format.
- Convenient: Teachers can sharpen skills, gain essential tools, and earn CEUs and/or graduate credits for applicable courses—right from their desktop.
- Flexible: Courses run for six weeks, start monthly, and are self-paced.
- Instructor-Facilitated: All courses are led by veteran educators, many of whom are nationaly-known authors.
- Cost Effective: A flat rate of $139 per course eliminates the need for in-service days or substitute teachers. Plus, group discounts are available by calling 1-877-388-2054.
- Relevant: Courses cover current teaching topics and feature the latest research-based teaching methods.
- Interactive: Instruction includes activities, resources, and discussion forums for communicating with the instructor and other participants. Teachers enrolled in a single course can form study groups to extend the learning.