Presenter: Ellen Arnold, Ed.D.
6 Weeks | $139
Course Starts Monthly | Earn Graduate Credit or CEUs
In this professional development course for teachers, you’ll get the training you need to reach the diverse mix of students you face every day—learning proven strategies for inclusion that turn diversity into opportunity. With a mix of students who have learning disabilities, neurobiological disorders, and physical challenges, the modern classroom requires an efficient and effective teacher who can prioritize under tight deadlines and be creative on demand. Over the next six weeks, you’ll learn how to be the kind of super teacher who can guide every student toward academic success. And do you know what the best part is? You don’t have to tear your hair out in order to adapt each lesson so that it makes sense for all your students!
We’ll start our journey by talking about how students with special needs became a part of the mainstream. Then we’ll discuss the inclusive classroom as a home for these students, exploring how all our kids can benefit from an adaptive learning environment. We’ll examine how each child learns and what you can do to help him or her develop new strengths. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities offered by inclusion and how to build collaborative partnerships with the special educator and classroom aides.
Over the course of 12 lessons, you’ll discover creative, low-budget strategies for turning your inclusive classroom into a nurturing, supportive learning environment that helps every student. If you’re looking for the right way to get all your students excited about coming to school, this is the course for you!
About SDE’s Online Courses
Whether you are looking to improve your professional teaching skills or explore a new interest, our online instructor-led courses showcase the expertise of leading presenters in a convenient, affordable, and fun format.
- Convenient: Teachers can sharpen skills, gain essential tools, and earn CEUs and/or graduate credits for applicable courses—right from their desktop.
- Flexible: Courses run for six weeks, start monthly, and are self-paced.
- Instructor-Facilitated: All courses are led by veteran educators, many of whom are nationaly-known authors.
- Cost Effective: A flat rate of $139 per course eliminates the need for in-service days or substitute teachers. Plus, group discounts are available by calling 1-877-388-2054.
- Relevant: Courses cover current teaching topics and feature the latest research-based teaching methods.
- Interactive: Instruction includes activities, resources, and discussion forums for communicating with the instructor and other participants. Teachers enrolled in a single course can form study groups to extend the learning.