Staff Development for Educators is America's leading provider of
professional development for PreK through Grade 12 educators. Through our On-site PD, PD Events, Web-based PD, and PD Resources, we
empower teachers and administrators across the country with solutions to the most challenging issues they face.
We believe that educators have the most important job in the world. That’s why we’re dedicated to empowering educators with ongoing professional development that is not only research-based, innovative, and rigorous, but also practical, motivating, and fun. All SDE training is presented by the nation’s top authors and educational experts, with the goal of creating extraordinary classrooms that prepare our students for the evolving demands of the 21st century.
We believe that all students can learn when provided with developmentally appropriate instruction. We hold the highest esteem for the teaching profession and recognize that teachers learn best from other teachers.
Our mission is to develop long-term partnerships with educators that create meaningful improvement in student attainment, teacher fulfillment, and school success. We aim to fuel the flame that inspires teachers and leads to lifelong achievement.
We understand that professional development is a process, so we ensure each training session and/or publication adheres to instructional principles that lead to meaningful connections to the content and sustained application of the new learning.
- Research-based and classroom-tested content
- Practical and theoretical training
- Active and engaging participation
- Relevant and innovative instruction
SDE was founded in Peterborough, New Hampshire, in 1986 by Jim and Lillian Grant with the original goal of providing New England teachers the opportunity to learn the best techniques from the best teachers in the region. Motivated by Jim’s personal goal of helping to create classrooms where all students can succeed, SDE has grown to become one of the nation’s leading providers of professional development for PreK through grade 12 educators and administrators.
Since 1991, SDE has been a proud member of a family of companies owned by Highlights for Children, Inc. From magazine, trade-book, and textbook publishers to educational seminars for teachers, all members of the Highlights family of companies make a significant contribution to the education of children.
Founded in 1946, Highlights for Children, Inc., is dedicated to the belief that children are the world’s most important people. Every Highlights product helps children become their best selves and become confident, caring, curious, and creative individuals.
Founded by Highlights in 1990, Boyds Mills Press publishes high-quality picture books, fiction, nonfiction, poetry, science, history, and activity books for children of all ages.
Founded in 1888, Zaner-Bloser is a premier publisher of research-based handwriting, reading, spelling, writing, and vocabulary programs for pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The company strives to create high-quality, dynamic, and appealing educational programs and services that inspire all students to become engaged, literate citizens. Ever able to adapt to the changing educational landscape, Zaner-Bloser Handwriting has been a national institution for several generations and the company continues to grow through the addition of technology products.
Founded in 1986, Stenhouse publishes books and videos that help K–12 teachers enhance their professional knowledge and build their students’ skills as readers, writers, and thinkers. All of Stenhouse’s titles, from reading and math comprehension to classroom management, are grounded in a philosophy of education that respects both teacher and learner and are designed to integrate theory, research, and practice in an accessible manner.
SDE is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. We encourage an energetic and dynamic work atmosphere that inspires communication.
There are 2 easy ways to apply:
- Email your resume to: HR@sde.com
- Mail your resume to SDE:
Attention: Human Resources
10 Sharon Road
Peterborough, NH 03458
Staff Development for Educators, a national leader in educational professional development, is seeking an IT Manager in our Peterborough, NH office.
The IT Manager is responsible for ensuring the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of SDE. This role will plan, coordinate, direct and design the IT-related activities of SDE, as well as oversee the IT staff on daily operational activities in the department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision-makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the business. The IT Manager is responsible for defining and implementing IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Ensure that all infrastructure and software components run in an effective and efficient manner. Components include, but are not limited to: operating systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 7, XP, MAC), network operating systems, software and hardware platforms including telephony, network equipment, MS Exchange, VMware and SAN. Ensure all components are under vendor support and/or are version current.
- Monitor IT infrastructure related performance, production, operational support, error recovery and disaster recovery.
- Resolve all problems/issues and risks related to projects, personnel or areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Remain proactive and take initiative in all areas directly affecting IT including: researching appropriate solutions, gaining business or technical knowledge, attaining desired project outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff throughout the company and promote a culture of support.
- Provide mentorship and decision-making guidance to staff.
- Assist with developing IT-related policies and procedures and ensure staff adherence to them.
- Participate in developing short- and long-term strategic technology plans and budgets.
- Oversee vendor selection and management to ensure that all standards, guidelines and best practices are followed in relation to contract and asset management.
- Coordinate technical support for external Sales, Marketing and Public events.
Education and Qualifications
- 8+ years' experience in Information Systems technology, including management experience with system and network design and development, hands-on experience in IT infrastructure design and support.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in an IT environment required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer technology and MCSE certification.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices and methodologies in all of the following:
- Network design, operations and security
- Operating system design and security in a Windows Active Directory environment
- General working knowledge of best practices and methodologies in contract, asset and database management.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven team leader and positive role model: teaches, coaches, inspires, mentors and empowers others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Strong negotiating, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to expand knowledge and continually strive for excellence.
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs.
If you're enthusiastic about significantly impacting the learning experience in America's classrooms by providing access to the highest quality professional development to teachers, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
SDE HR at HR@sde.com
This position reports to the IT Manager and provides a first point of contact for computer users who need assistance with technology implemented by the SDE Information Technology department. This position responds to user inquiries, and either provides solutions to problems or escalates them to other I.T. staff members. The Desktop Support Analyst instructs new users on the proper use of computer hardware, network, e-mail, and other essential technologies.
- With some supervision, responds to all voicemail, e-mail, and in-person questions from technology users in a professional, courteous, and timely manner. Resolves issues or follows established escalation procedures.
- Identifies and reports urgent problems to appropriate I.T. staff immediately.
- Routinely checks Help Desk voicemail and e-mail.
- Performs and documents software and application installations.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Actively promotes adherence to SDE's computer policies.
- Provides user instruction for network access, printers, e-mail, intranet, and MS Office suite.
- Works with computer users to make them self-sufficient, by conducting one-on-one and small group training.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve Help Desk operations and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date on current technology.
- Evening and weekend hours as required.
- 2-5 years Help Desk or Technical Support experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and independently with limited supervision.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience training others one-on-one and in small groups.
- Proficient in installing, configuring, and maintaining personal computers and related hardware and software.
- Experienced in Windows-based operating systems and applications including MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and basic network troubleshooting skills.
- Formal technical education (A+, MCDST, HDI) is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
If youâ€™re enthusiastic about growing both professionally and personally and joining a company that impacts the learning experience of children in their classrooms, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
SDE HR at HR@sde.com
Thank you for your interest in SDE. Please use the contact information below
SDE, 10 Sharon Road, PO Box 577
Peterborough, NH 03458 USA