SDE is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. We encourage an energetic and dynamic work atmosphere that inspires communication.
About the Company
SDE is America’s leading provider of professional development for PreK through Grade 12 educators. Each year, teachers and administrators across the country learn real-world strategies and practical, classroom-proven techniques through our seminars, conferences, on-site consulting services, and online learning program. We remain committed to providing the most up-to-date, cutting-edge topics presented by the nation’s top authors and educational experts who know what it means to teach.
There are 2 easy ways to apply:
- Email your resume to: HR@sde.com
- Mail your resume to SDE:
Attention: Human Resources
10 Sharon Road
Peterborough, NH 03458
Staff Development for Educators, a national leader in educational professional development, is seeking an IT Manager in our Peterborough, NH office.
The IT Manager is responsible for ensuring the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of SDE. This role will plan, coordinate, direct and design the IT-related activities of SDE, as well as oversee the IT staff on daily operational activities in the department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision-makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the business. The IT Manager is responsible for defining and implementing IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Ensure that all infrastructure and software components run in an effective and efficient manner. Components include, but are not limited to: operating systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 7, XP, MAC), network operating systems, software and hardware platforms including telephony, network equipment, MS Exchange, VMware and SAN. Ensure all components are under vendor support and/or are version current.
- Monitor IT infrastructure related performance, production, operational support, error recovery and disaster recovery.
- Resolve all problems/issues and risks related to projects, personnel or areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Remain proactive and take initiative in all areas directly affecting IT including: researching appropriate solutions, gaining business or technical knowledge, attaining desired project outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff throughout the company and promote a culture of support.
- Provide mentorship and decision-making guidance to staff.
- Assist with developing IT-related policies and procedures and ensure staff adherence to them.
- Participate in developing short- and long-term strategic technology plans and budgets.
- Oversee vendor selection and management to ensure that all standards, guidelines and best practices are followed in relation to contract and asset management.
- Coordinate technical support for external Sales, Marketing and Public events.
Education and Qualifications
- 8+ years' experience in Information Systems technology, including management experience with system and network design and development, hands-on experience in IT infrastructure design and support.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in an IT environment required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer technology and MCSE certification.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices and methodologies in all of the following:
- Network design, operations and security
- Operating system design and security in a Windows Active Directory environment
- General working knowledge of best practices and methodologies in contract, asset and database management.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven team leader and positive role model: teaches, coaches, inspires, mentors and empowers others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Strong negotiating, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to expand knowledge and continually strive for excellence.
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs.
If you're enthusiastic about significantly impacting the learning experience in America's classrooms by providing access to the highest quality professional development to teachers, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
SDE HR at HR@sde.com
This position reports to the IT Manager and provides a first point of contact for computer users who need assistance with technology implemented by the SDE Information Technology department. This position responds to user inquiries, and either provides solutions to problems or escalates them to other I.T. staff members. The Desktop Support Analyst instructs new users on the proper use of computer hardware, network, e-mail, and other essential technologies.
- With some supervision, responds to all voicemail, e-mail, and in-person questions from technology users in a professional, courteous, and timely manner. Resolves issues or follows established escalation procedures.
- Identifies and reports urgent problems to appropriate I.T. staff immediately.
- Routinely checks Help Desk voicemail and e-mail.
- Performs and documents software and application installations.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Actively promotes adherence to SDE's computer policies.
- Provides user instruction for network access, printers, e-mail, intranet, and MS Office suite.
- Works with computer users to make them self-sufficient, by conducting one-on-one and small group training.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve Help Desk operations and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date on current technology.
- Evening and weekend hours as required.
- 2-5 years Help Desk or Technical Support experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and independently with limited supervision.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience training others one-on-one and in small groups.
- Proficient in installing, configuring, and maintaining personal computers and related hardware and software.
- Experienced in Windows-based operating systems and applications including MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and basic network troubleshooting skills.
- Formal technical education (A+, MCDST, HDI) is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
If youâ€™re enthusiastic about growing both professionally and personally and joining a company that impacts the learning experience of children in their classrooms, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
SDE HR at HR@sde.com